CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Derek Adam Watson








He's finally here! Derek made his grand appearance on June 23, 2011. This is also Dallace's birthday (2009) and they were SO close to being exactly 2 years apart down to the minute (Derek was born at 7:19 a.m. and Dallace at 6:18 a.m.). Here's how the birth went down.

6:25 p.m. (June 22) arrived at Kadlec to be induced
8:15 p.m. Dr. Mulholland came in to put the cytotec, well, up there.
9:15 p.m. Julie and Tasha arrived to hang out for a while and take my mind off the wonderfully strong contractions caused by the cytotec.

Midnight Dr. Mulholland came back in to check for progress I had gone from a barely 2 to a 3-4 which is where I needed to be to have him break my water, get my epidural and start pitocin.
1:00 a.m. Enter Anesthesiologist
1:15 a.m. I was one super happy lady!
3:30 a.m. I entered the "transition" stage. That stage of labor between 7-9 centimeters where the contractions cause shaking and nausea/vomitting. AWESOME. Also awesome at this point the nurse asked if Dallace had the cord wrapped around her neck because by looking at the contractions they could tell Derek was face up and that usually means cord around the neck.
6:00 a.m. starting to feel some pressure so we check and I was at a 9
7:00 a.m. let's start pushing
7:19 a.m. Derek showed himself face up, pooping on Dr. Mulholland (Derek, not me-hahaha). And Julie cut the cord (Luke had a little harder time this time around with the whole birth process.)Dr. Mulholland and Derek


No tearing or stitching required. Yay! He was face up with the cord around his neck which was a little off-putting for sure, but he was opening and closing his eyes so I knew he was fine. I didn't get to hold him for about 20 minutes which was hands down the LONGEST 20 minutes of my entire life. Luckily I had Tasha taking pictures and bringing them across the room to me for me to see him. He is such a good baby and we are so blessed to have him as a part of our family!

0 comments: