CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Derek's First Haircut




Derek, recently, had his hair cut for the first time. I went in expecting the worst. A little backstory for you:

My little brother is 13 years younger than me. This large age gap has allowed me several opportunities and experiences of young children and majorly traumatic events in their life. Connor's first haircut was definitely a day to remember. There was lots of screaming and crying-both from Connor and my mother.

So, with this event in my mind I took Derek in to the Hairy Elephant, a local kids only salon and decided to go ahead and admit defeat before we even began allowing for no disappointment. When we arrived we sat in the waiting area, which was filled with nearly every toy you can imagine, and watched as two brothers sat there screaming while their haircuts were completed. This only encouraged my emotional distancing from the upcoming situation. The boys ahead of us finished up and Derek and I walked back to the awesomely red racecar chair he would sit in. Tosha, the stylist fastened the smock around his neck and it was time to begin. A few light spritz' of cool water to prep the hair for trimming and we were off.

Snip.

.Snip.

.Buzzz.

DONE!

0 comments: