CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tri 1

As I mentioned in the previous post, Luke is in the first trimester of ten in the D.C. program at Logan. Everyone we've encountered in the 8 months prior to him starting told us the same thing. They told us to prepare ourselves, it is a full time job, and we will NEVER see him again.

Well, maybe that last part was a bit dramatic, we do see him but it's just an hour or two here and there. Then, on the weekends,  when we would be able to spend the most amount of time together, I'm off to work. So, this has been quite the adjustment. Now, we've lived through a time with a very similar schedule to this, before. When he worked out at the area,  he would be up around 5:00 a.m, and arrive home a bit after 6:00 p.m. or sometimes as late as 1:00 a.m. There was a lot of texting, calling, and picture messages to stay connected. Now, we are getting back into the swing of that schedule, and learning to make the most out of a quick 10 minute drop by visit or lunchtime. Luckily, we live about 3 minutes away from Logan, making the quick hello super convenient.

After doing ALL of his undergrad online, due to working 60+ hours a week, this "real school" thing is both awesome and awesomely difficult. As anyone who's taken an online course can tell you-they can be so easy. Most of them, anyways. Now, Luke is back in a "real classroom." He says to some degree it makes it easier, actually having a teacher there to bounce questions off of or request feedback. And to some extent it's much more difficult. Either way, I couldn't be more proud of him. He set his mind on what he wanted to do and he worked harder than anyone else I've ever seen to get our family here. It makes me feel such an intense sense of pride to know that he is the example Derek will see growing up of how to work. He's such an amazing person, husband, and father. It's also been reassured to me, here, that he is my best friend in the world. No one can make me laugh the way he does! I definitely miss my favorite ladies up in Washington and I would do anything to convince their husbands to change their career paths and decide to become chiropractors and go to Logan..immeidately. However, no matter how compelling my arguments were, they said they would just hold my place in our little circle until we return one day. I guess I can settle for that. We are already a month into Tri 1 and I have a feeling the rest is going to fly by!

2 comments:

The Ottley's

School plus husbands plus work plus kids plus more school plus more work equals no fun.
You are so awesome!

Luke & Brittney

Yep, pretty much! Hope you're enjoying an equally "fun" life!