CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

She's HERE!


Dallace Marie Watson
06/23/2009
6:14 a.m.
7 lbs 11 oz
22 inches


On Monday the 22nd I went in for a doctors appointment and my blood pressure had been relatively high the last few appointments leading the doctor to think I might have mild pre-eclampsia. After running a few tests the Friday before and then again on Monday he decided to send me on over to Labor & Delivery. After being monitored for a couple of hours they decided to go ahead and induce me. I wasn't ready at all for that. No bag packed (even though my sister-in-law, Ashley, had told me the night before I really should pack one). Husband at work & mom not arriving for two more days. But of course, her and I being healthy is the most important thing. I called Luke and told me we were having a baby, today! So, he left work right away and got there right after they admitted me. They started me on Pitocin about 2:00 in the afternoon and around 10:00 broke my water. After 8 hours I had only gone from 2 cm to 3 cm. Not a lot of progress. After they broke my water things progressed a bit faster. Around 5:30 I felt the need to push and sure enough I was between 9 1/2 cm and 10 cm and 100 % effaced. It was go time. We were all exhausted at this point, Luke had fallen asleep on the rolly chair next to my bed so I woke him up and told him it was time. I started pushing about 5:35 or 5:40 and Dallace was born at 6:15. She was absolutely perfect. She barely cried at all while the nurses weighed and measured her. Just a little cry every little bit to let them know she was cold. The second they put her on my chest is a moment I will NEVER forget. You can't prepare yourself at all for the overwhelming amount of love and joy you feel as when you see your child for the first time. Although I had never seen her before I instantly recognized her. Luke was able to hold it together during the whole birthing process..We only thought he would pass out a few times. But he even cut the cord! He cried. I cried. It was amazing. I can honestly say that this was the most amazing moment of my life thus far. I can't see anything else that could top it. I look forward to seeing how she grows (which is already too fast, just after one week there's been change). Dallace is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen and has already stolen the hearts of all those around her.
Labor
Dallace's Big Arrival

At Home




4 comments:

scott & ashley

She's PERFECT! thank you so much for letting me share that moment with you guys, it's amazing, you really don't know until you go through it, but it makes the crappy pregnancy part SO worth it huh. Congrats again!

Tyler, Alexis, Karielle and Jillian

Seriously, she's adorable Brit, congrats on your little miracle!!

Julie

<3 I want to love on her! She is beautiful. Hope you guys are feeling good!

The Ottley's

Love it! She is so sweet!